Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Make His Thoughts Your Thoughts

Have you ever reached a point in your thinking where you thought that your life just didn't matter much anymore? A time when you questioned your very existence? Ashamedly, I know I have. But I want to remind you, as well as myself, that those thoughts originate from the pit of hell. 

You'll recall the classic Christmas-time movie, "It's A Wonderful Life"? In it the main character, George Bailey, reached this same assumption. George was 'assigned' an angel named Clarence who showed him otherwise. Clarence walked George through the different events in his life and challenged him to consider how things would've turned out if he'd never been born. It's truly a stirring story line that one never tires of!

Friend, if I could assume the place of an angel in your life today, I would tell you that YOU are here for a reason too! Don't give in to the lies that whisper in your ear telling you otherwise. If you woke up today, God wants you to know that He loves you! What more evidence is needed to get out of bed and to literally DANCE on through the day?? Okay, maybe a little BOUNCE in the step would be a great start! Listen,

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward YOU, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give YOU a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (emphasis mine)

Read again His letter to you, the Bible. You'll re-discover and confirm what His thoughts are toward you and what the future holds, or better, Who's hands the future is in!

No comments:

Post a Comment