Monday, March 5, 2012

Loving One Another

Having a reputation for being a godly man in his personal and public life, I wonder if Abe Lincoln was onto something much deeper when he said these words,

          " I don't like that man. I must get to know him better."

Would it be advantageous to us as believer's to grow or mature to the point where we could say the same about an individual that kinda 'rubs us the wrong way'??  Even if it's only praying for him or her, the real change may very well occur within our own hearts.

As a side note, I do recall somewhere in the recesses of my mind,  that "the One (Jesus Christ) who loves us most, KNOWS US best!" I am amazed at this kind of love on a regular basis.

Although I don't believe His mercy can be replicated perfectly through our efforts toward one another, we can try?!

("And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all..."  1 Thessalonians 3:12a)

No comments:

Post a Comment