Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What Plans?





So I go to toast my bagel this morning in the toaster oven. When the bell rings to let me know it's finished, I reached in to a cold, lifeless bagel. Huh?! Now, I timed the toasting of the bagel perfectly for when the coffee would be at peak of flavor for consuming. Me not happy. What to do, what to do??


Early morning improvision is not my forte, especially when my tummy is growling! Well, after a minute and a glance heavenward, I decided to crank up the oven and do you know what? SUCCESS!! One PERFECTLY crunchy bagel!! I hurried to top my morning surprise with cream cheese and toasted sesame seeds to enjoy with the coffee. Me very happy again!!~

This is just one whimsical story to illustrate how that when God closes a door, He may very well open a window!! His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8). So stay close to His side, that way when He decides to change up the plans we've made, keep trusting! He's working out a far greater plan than we ever could devise on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment