Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Child's Prayer

I was yet humbled, again, while listening to our youngest son pray this morning. Clayton has been consistent to begin his requests to God with that precious, child-like faith that simply takes God at His word. Here's a sampling of what his prayer(s) consist of even before we start the day: 

"Dear Lord, THANK YOU for this glorious day, THANK YOU that we will not rush through our lessons today, THANK YOU for bringing Daddy home safely (this is right after Mike leaves for work), THANK YOU that we have a good day today, THANK YOU for getting us to Ben and Lindy's piano lesson today, THANK YOU....." etc., etc. (emphasis, mine).

His requests(?!) are asked with the assurance and certainty of God's intervention! He makes his requests and leaves the rest to God! I don't know about you, but I have to fall to my knees in thanks and praise for the daily examples that the Lord brings to my attention of His awesome love and desired involvement in our lives.

Today, I don't think my prayers have to go any further than, "God...thank You" ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment