Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Work In Progress


Did you know that I, have trials and tribulations just like everyone else?! Is that too hard to believe??  I ask because sometimes I'm cited for always looking like I  "have it all together". Well, I thank you for that vote of confidence, I think.  But to be honest, I experience the shame of defeat somewhat regularly. Just ask any of my family members how I respond when rooms aren't picked up or if I only get half the truth in a matter, or don't get enough sleep in any given night!  After all, I am still in the flesh. Can I get a witness?!

This is reality. I do not like that the 'old' nature coexists with my new life in Christ.  Just wish it somehow didn't.  I understand that in Christ, I have His strength to grant victory over sin, but He still permits me to choose His way or mine.  And we all know what the consequences of taking the low road is.  First and foremost, it's broken fellowship with the Savior.  Thankfully He graciously restores that fellowship when sought out, and I do seek!

I hesitate to share my struggles in this venue, but I do have one or two trusted, believing friends that I can honestly share my 'ugly' side with, if you will. I know that they will pray for me and offer solid counsel from scripture.  So here, as in much of what I share, I'd rather encourage others with the scriptures that are either getting me or have gotten me THROUGH the struggles instead.  So if it looks like I have it all together, let it be known that I'm really a broken vessel who's resting in the certainty of His promises working their certainty in my life! For now, I'm a work in progress on the conveyor belt of His wonderful truths!

WHATEVER trials, struggles or concerns you may be facing today, or those you've been dealing with for what seems like forever, know that there stands One who understands completely.  His name...Jesus. Stay in the race! Press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus! (Philippians 4:13)  It aint over, till it's over!


TODAY'S SCRIPTURE <3
12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy ~ 1 Peter 4:12,13 (NKJ)

27 The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms;
He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’  ~ Deuteronomy 33:27 (NKJ)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Linda this is a valuable word for me today. I will trust in Jesus' love and press on. The Lord bless you dear sister for encouraging us as you walk with Christ by faith!

    ReplyDelete