Monday, October 22, 2012

A Faithful Friend


I'll begin with a quote today:

"A true friend to your destiny does not diminish, downplay, deny, detract, decrease, discount, or disdain your contribution! They recognize!" ~Christine Caine

Having been in the body of Christ for 36yrs I've felt both the sting of rejection and the warmth of loving friends. The latter honestly desired God's best for me. They wanted me to fully grow into and rejoice over the new creation God said that I was and continue to become even now. (2 Cor.5:17)  They made it easy to enjoy my walk with Christ. They shared His love extravagantly and prayed consistently for me.  I can testify that we can benefit so much from the love and support of the Godly influence of others in our lives! (1 Cor. 12:26ff)

On the occasions of felt rejection from both the world and fellow believers, I was moved to prayer, consideration of my steps and at times maybe even, much introspection. In those times I went to God's word and found true peace, acceptance, temperance and love.  Even in the rejection, He taught me that I am accepted in Him through Christ.  The sadness over not feeling like I fit in or couldn't please everyone, led me to the arms of the waiting Savior.  He saw my tears and patted them dry.  My heart in pieces, mended again and again.

See, what was very painful to experience, actually drew me closer to the One I needed to be running to in the first place. Only He deserves the place of honor, worship and adoration.  I don't need to be loved by everyone, only One.  When I understand and begin to live this life in the assurance of His love, I am better able to reflect His character.  After all, isn't that the purpose of all mankind anyway?

The exhilaration of those mountain-top experiences is breath-taking, but the valley (Psalm 23) has become a most welcomed place where I've continually found His peace and sustenance.  Oh, I can let the negative bring me down or I can choose to understand with new eyes, His constant transforming work of this new creation that I am becoming...for His glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment